Monday 20 September 2010

More digital fun

Linda Matthews has again posted a Photoshop tutorial today and I have given it a go and am very pleased with the result.


This was the brushed border I made following Linda's very clear instructions.


I combined it with this berberis, or is it cotoneaster?


Having combined the two images I decided to apply a 'difference' adjustment and I'm really pleased with the result.  What do you think?

Linda links to a great site where you can download all sorts of fun stuff to use in Photoshop.  It's Obsidian Dawn.  I think I may need one or two lessons in computer technology as I seem to be challenged when it comes to unzipping files and loading the contents.  Now, where is that computer expert better known as my brother when you need him? ;o)

PS  Here's another Photoshop thing I did all by myself!


Just altered a beach photo with a difference blend and added the St Ives view and reduced the opacity.  Simples! 

10 comments:

ju-north said...

Great results! Looking forward to seeing new developments with the latest St Ives pics later!

Maggi said...

Looks like you are hooked now Julie.

carole brungar said...

Yep, I'd say you were hooked too!! I am looking forward to watching your progress :))

Emma said...

Zingy header!
I think it's cotoneaster & I like the result, also the beach scene - simple indeed! Must have a look at this tut!

Heather said...

Clever stuff Julie! Your images are great and I love them both. I still have too much to learn about my new(ish) laptop and daren't branch out on anything else. By the way, I'm sure the shrub is contoneaster.

Julie said...

Thank you Heather and Emma. I don't know where I got Berberis from! lol

Sarah Payne said...

wow - what great results. I may have to have a go at that tutorial! I look forward to seeing more...

Jackie said...

Thanks for linking to Linda Matthews, I must get into some photoshopping!
Need to install it first.

Cameron said...

Julie, You have succeeded in doing in Photoshop something that I have been struggling with for over a year. Great job. I just can't seem to get the hang of layering. Good for you.
Hugs, Cameron

Linda Matthews said...

Julie, I can see you're become a Photoshopaholic! Welcome to the club! And thanks for linking to my tutorial - lots more to come :)