Tuesday 20 July 2010

Nolitex

After yesterday's blog you wouldn't think I would want anymore inspiration would you?  However, on the grounds that I like their work and couldn't miss an opportunity to see it my friend and I went to Lincoln to the Sam Scorer gallery near Lincoln Castle.



Nolitex is made up of artists from Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire and they are a group of very talented ladies.


The ladies stewarding very kindly allowed me to take a couple of long shots of the exhibition.  The Nolitex site has one or two photos of the exhibits and you may find more on the members' blogs that are listed there.


You can probably see that the work is very varied with machine embroidery, felting, needle felting, knitting, printing and dyeing, hand stitching, wrapped stones, wrapped driftwood and 3d work with moulding mesh all making an appearance. 

If you live within reach of the gallery the exhibition is on until Sunday so there is still time to visit.  If you don't live locally they are hoping the exhibition will tour and some of it will be on display next Spring at the NEC at the Embroidery Show (used to be the Madeira Show).

11 comments:

Heather said...

I can never resist a visit to a textile exhibition either Julie. Lovely gallery - just right for textiles.

Trudi said...

Oh, now I have a plan for Ffriday when the teenage diva is out for the day! And, once again you visit Lincoln and didn't tell me!

sharon young said...

What interesting work, lovely to see something different, thanks for sharing your visit with us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words about our exhibition, I am delighted you enjoyed it so much. It was great to meet you on Tuesday,and now I have another blog to keep an eye on - your quilts are lovely.

Angela said...

This most of been a great exhibition. I followed your link and had a look on their blog, what fantastic work.

pam said...

Looks like an interesting exhibition, their work looks great - and yet another nice day out you had!!!

Emma said...

You couldn't not go, could you, I'm so envious! V tantalising shots, well done for trying, but the Nolitex site was v good, thanks so much for sharing that with me all the way up here!

Sharne Gregory said...

Thank you for the link to Nolitex, I enjoyed visiting there.
Sorry I missed you at Craft Arena last week, did you enjoy your visit. I am saving my Jane Dunnewold book to read on my holiday, so will let you know what I think about it when I get back home.

DILLY said...

Dilly pop by, deliver hug to Julie, Dilly fwend. ¬"

Jackie said...

You find th e most wonderful exhibitions. There must be a lot going on in your area.

Unknown said...

What an interesting work you are doing, and i enjoyed reading your wonderful experience,i also hope to attend such a textile exhibition.


cheap mbt footwear