Wednesday 30 June 2010

Beauty

I was very remiss yesterday in forgetting to post about the most beautiful postcard I have received in a one to one swap with Lorna who blogs as Artymess. 


This lovely card has so much in it that speaks to me and Lorna is a girl after my own heart.  I don't think the photograph shows up all the details but the card is  beautifully layered with organza over various yarns and angelina and a gold ribbon.  I love the Buddha as I have a  Thai Buddha in my conservatory that has a similarly serene face.  The little green heart reminds me of my stepdaughter as green is her favourite colour so I will always think of her when I look at this card.  The card has been finished off with gold free machining and hand stitching which is Lorna's forte.  Thank you Lorna for a beautiful card.  My card for you will be on its way soon.  Promise! I'll just go and do the satin stitch and it'll be ready to go!

7 comments:

Jan said...

Oh Julie that is indeed beautiful ,one to treasure ...love Jan xx

Heather said...

There is so much work in that lovely postcard - lovely bright and cheerful colours too - no wonder you love it so much.

Odile said...

This card is wonderfull. I like colours. Very beautifull work !

pam said...

That is a lovely card - look forward to seeing the one you are doing - and on your earlier post Mum looks like she was enjoying herself wow 85 years young that is soo good.

Angela said...

The card you recieved from Lorna is lovely.
Nice to see your mum having such a great time.
Keep us posted with your sketchbook work please.

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi julie, beautiful swap you have recieved from lorna, look forward to seeing what you are sending, as for the minack you must visit next time your down even in the winter its beautiful, all along the cliffs there but avoid the nudist beach in the winter brrrrr lol ju x

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Do you know, I think I've visited your blog three times in the last day or so and keep forgetting to leave a comment. Lovely swap Julie. Just wanted to say how amazing your Mum is. Happy birthday to her :o)
Love
xoxo