Tuesday 24 November 2009

A Bloggers’ Quilt

 

square for carole brungar

 

A few weeks ago Carole Brungar in New Zealand had the idea to make a quilt for herself and to ask her blogger friends to each contribute a square using fabric and thread provided by herself.  I’ve just had an email form Carole to tell me that my contribution has arrived so I can show you my square.  I was stumped at first for what to do, especially as I could only use the one thread that Carole had supplied,  but then I thought I’d do a little garden.  You can tell I’m not a true embroiderer as I don’t think there’s even a name for some of the stitches I’ve used but basically I played about with detached chain stitch.  If you pop over to Carole’s blog you can scroll down her sidebar and see all the squares she has received so far.  I’m looking forward to seeing Carole’s finished quilt and what a lovely reminder of people you have ‘met’ around the world! 

While you’re visiting with Carole have a look round her blog, it’s very varied and she has some beautiful work to share.

11 comments:

carole brungar said...

You are such a sweetie!
Carole x

Gina said...

What a lovely idea and what a sweet little square.

Fenland Textile Studio said...

What a great idea. I love your square. You have managed to get lots of texture into what looks like a small area.

Maggi said...

What a lovely piece and a great idea of Carole's.

DILLY said...

Dilly think be luvly.
Be gween,
be flowery.
Mweah!
Luvly.
¬"

pam said...

You are able to pack so much into your days - the embroidery square is lovely what a good idea. Liek your previous blog about the harrogate show Angela and I are always saying we need 48 hours in a day.

Angela said...

Carole is so lucky that square is lovely and what a nice idea.

Julie said...

Dilly, I knew you would like the green :o) There should probably have been some pink flowers too!

Pam, thank you :o) it probably looks as though I've done a lot on here but I have to pace myself in everything and I always suffer the next few days :o) hence the wish for the energy of a 5 year old to go with the 48 hour day.

Guzzisue said...

I love the idea of coordinating the colour for the embroidery, great idea. How do you pack so much in?

Mrs Moog said...

Your embroidery is lovely Julie!

xxx

essay writing help said...

cool!