Thursday 10 September 2009

JQs on display

Posted by Picasa

You've seen these Journal Quilts before but they are soon to be on display at the Creative Stitches and Hobbycraft Show at Exeter later this month. (Well, hopefully they will if I've prepared them correctly). They will be on the Quilters Guild Contemporary Quilt Group stand if you are going to the exhibition. I'm sure you can see there's a bit of a theme going on here! lol It's not intentional but these colours always seem to creep in and take over. I have never had any of my textile work on display anywhere before so I am really excited, even though I won't be able to go and see it myself.

~
The sudden appearance of the sun today has had me rust dyeing and sun dyeing so I'll show you the results soon.

~

After I had collapsed from exhaustion from sundyeing and gardening today I sat and watched one of the demonstrations on the Surface Design Association Conference DVD that I bought at the FOQ. If this extract is anything to go by this is an amazing DVD and excellent value. I watched Kathyanne White demonstrating her methods for transferring digital images to various surfaces and learned so much from this hour+ long demo. I actually bought the DVD for Kerr Grabowski's Deconstructed Screen Printing Demo and also for Jane Dunnewold's work with soy wax which I have yet to watch. I thought the DVD was expensive when I bought it but it certainly has a wealth of information on it.

8 comments:

Gina said...

Your journal quilts look fabulous displayed together Julie.

Sandra Wyman said...

JQs look really really good. Will post about mine shortly. Like you I have my fingers crossed I did the preparation right!

So I really must watch that DVD eh? Still in my FOQ pile!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

I do hope your quilts are displayed Julie, I am looking forward to seeing them up close when I go to Exeter. I shall take pictures for you, as requested

The DVD does sound good, I do some image transfer to fabric but I'm always looking for new ways to do it, so I may have to invest in a copy

Not long now till your trip to your second home. Your picture on the right looks great - arn't the colours amazing! The weather is meant to be lovely for the next few days. It's been very warm, but an Autumny chill early in the morning and in the evening. The evenings are getting darker earlier again now. I am blackberry picking again tomorrow to dye some fabrics to post to the textile blog

Take care, see you soon
Love, Carolyn

Maggi said...

Your JQs are going to look great on display.

sharon young said...

Congrats on your selection for the Exeter show, Julie, your pieces look stunning all together.

The DVD sounds brilliant, I may have to investigate this one at the K&S next month.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my post.

Genie said...

Hi Julie
Will enjoy being able to have a close look at the show,
Have a great weekend

Heather said...

Love the JQs Julie - I love those colours too. Congrats on having them displayed. Enjoy your DVDs - a good way to still feel artistic even if you are too exhausted to actually do anything!

Mrs Moog said...

Your journal quilts look great Julie! I just wish I could get to Exeter to see them.

How exciting to have your work on display :)

xxx