Sunday 23 August 2009

FOQ Confessions and ALQS


~
Right, let's get the guilty bit out of the way! As is usually the way with these things I din't have a long shopping list but I did invest in quite a bit of shopping, not all of which I've photographed.
~
I had been planning to buy the Surface Design Association DVD of demonstrations so that found its way to my bag along with a couple of magazines and a pack of postcards from Sheena Norquay whose work I have admired for some time. Sheena had a stand showing a retrospective of her work and it was wonderful to see it grouped together. 'Net references to Sheena are sparse but if you Google her and select 'images' you will find several links.
~
Next up in the shopping stakes was a very little fabric and some threads.
~


~
The threads above were from De Haviland Embroidery and were £2 each so I will be interested to see how they fare.
~


~
These gorgeous threads were irresistible! They are all hand-dyed and the range of colours was fabulous!
~
By far my greatest expense was at the Virtual Studio run by Committed to Cloth. I had been thinking of buying some thermofax screens and inks for some time and decided it was now or never! I invested in their new book "Screen Printing" too. Just one mistake, I bought it all early on Saturday and had to carry it round all day. By the time I arrived home (having linked up with my local coach that I was booked on) I was so exhausted I had to ring my long-suffering DH and ask him to walk down the road to meet me and carry my bag and pull case home! I couldn't have walked up the hill home without him! Bless!
~
I was enlivened a little when I got home by the arrival of this beautiful quilt from Marloes in the Netherlands from the 'Another Little Quilt Swap'. It's beautiful and there's so much to look at in it.
~

~
The quilt measures 21"x22" and incorporates layered and cut back fabrics, applique and printed figures, dyeing and screen printing. I'm going to find a place to hang it once I've bought a hanging rail. Thank you Marloes!
~
Right, I'm off to dish up dinner. I'll post more about the quilts themselves soon.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Love your purchases ... you are whetting my appetite for "Stitches". I just know I'm going to spend loads ...!

sharon young said...

What a great time you had, looks as if you rally needed the 2 days.I'm really envious.
Maybe next year.

Glad you liked the Tanzania post, thanks for dropping in