Sunday 23 August 2009

Festival of Quilts


~
Put the flags out! The girls are coming!! (not forgetting a few guys too!)
~


~
They certainly did. This is the queue 10 to 10 on Saturday morning.
~


~
And this is the rest of it steadily getting longer behind me!! Actually, once they opened the doors at 10 we were all inside in a matter of minutes. Thank goodness I had bought my ticket in advance!
~


~
Recession? What recession? There may be a recession on but the atmosphere at the FOQ was definitely upbeat and temptation and weak-will were everywhere (including yours truly!).
~
This year I decided to try and spread the load and stayed overnight from Friday to Saturday. I stayed at the Premier Inn on the Birmingham NEC site which I can recommend (no affiliation). It cost a bit more than I expected to pay but boy, was the bed comfy! ! After a long day it was a very welcome oasis of calm (well in my room anyway, I didn't venture into the public rooms).
~
I travelled across to the NEC by train on Friday and the worst part of that was the
l o n g walk to the NEC via the Skywalk which used up my precious energy but apart from that it went well. Bag in the cloakroom and I was ready for action! Phew! So much colour and so many people! I had to stop tho as soon as I walked into the Hall as I bumped straight into 2 friends from home! How likely is that? A bit of a chat and I was off!
~

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

silverpebble said...

What a lovely trip you've had Julie - you lucky thing. You won quilty prizes too! Fabulous. Did you see Gina? I might have to try to get to the FOQ next year. Thanks for sharing your pictures x

Digitalgran said...

Lovely to read all about your visit to the FOQ Julie. I bet you are tired by now? i was tired after one day :)

Jackie said...

Thanks for these posts...I went for the first time last year but not this and iots good to see what was going on. Who did you see?
Do tell!

karenshopes said...

Hi I'm new to blogging, just popped in to say hello. pop over if you have time.
Karen

Mrs Moog said...

What a great way to spend the weekend - staying overnight is an excellent idea too!

It's my ambition to go to the Festival one year - especially if there are bloggy friends there too :)

xxx

Fenland Textile Studio said...

Hi Julie
I can't believe the queue you were in. Sounds like you had fun, great to be able to bump into you on the bus and at the hotel. Have you admitted up to all you bought??

Marlis said...

thanks for these posts julie! i try to get my pics and impressions posted today. btw: friends of mine stayed also at the premier inn nec.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

I will be the same at The Creative Stitches Show, Westpoint, Exeter in September ... I've been saving my pennies for ages ...!