Monday 8 June 2009

Amazing Shapes and Light

As anxious as I was to see the laburnum arch, which was pretty much the first part of the garden you come to on entering, I was stopped in my tracks by this amazing Acer. (I am running out of superlatives for this stunning garden!)

~


~

No, you are not drunk, I took the photograph on an angle to get the trunk in. Aren't the contortions wonderful? Hopefully you should be able to click on the photo to see the fantastic marks on the trunk.

~


~

This is its beautiful canopy with the sun sparkling through and the laburnum teasing me in the background.

~



~

I took this photo for the shadows but it was only later that I noticed the petals on the floor.

~


~

The play of light and shadows became a theme of the day for me and these big Gunerra leaves are a great example and inspiration.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Heather said...

These images are gorgeous and so full of inspiration. You must be so pleased to have captured so much of the essence of those great gardens.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Beautiful photos Julie

Fiona said...

Insipring photographs - I love trees and that Gunerra is huge.