Friday 13 February 2009

Book Pages Swap

A couple of weeks ago I posted some photos of the flower themed book pages that I had made for a swap on the MixedMedia Atc Yahoo group that I belong to. Along with Dilly's parcel today I received my two pages in this swap.
~
~
This first beautiful page is from Pat. It is wonderfully neat and I am so pleased to have it as I love to see fields of vibrant red poppies in the summer. The poppy flower is padded and has tiny blak beads on the stamens.
~
~
This equally beautiful embroidered page is from Amanda S. She has applied trims and used variegated threads to machine embroider her design. It's really lovely. I've just noticed that the line of stitching under the blue flower is holding down a ribbon.
~
We will continue to exchange pages throughout the year until we have a selection to make into a book. The pages have been left so that the edges can be finished by the person putting the book together.
~
You will notice a little inactivity on my blog for a while. I'll be back soon!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Gina said...

Lovely book pages. Have fun wherever you are and whatever you are doing in the coming days.

sharon young said...

These pages look wonderful, what a great exchange, I recognise the stitches on the second page they look like the Bernina patterns on my old 1130, must get used to the idea that it belongs to my DD now and not me.

Heather said...

I love the concertina and note books on your previous post, and the book pages on this one are great too, especially the poppy. What a lovely idea - do you make pages to swap with a number of people? If so, each one of you will end up with a bookful of lovely pages.

silverpebble said...

Oof I've missed out on lots of loveliness after a busy busy week. Julie your doll for Australia is wonderful - I love her dress. All the hand-made toys popping up on blogs for this appeal are overwhelming and very moving.

Dilly and her mummy are very clever indeed...

... and these pages are a delight - that poppy's made me think of summer!

Have a nice little break- hope all is well. Emma x

Judy Scott said...

what lovely pages ~ have fun on your travels Judy xxx

artisbliss said...

Just when I'm getting back to blogging, you're taking off! Hope you have a good time.

Genie said...

lovely book pages,
Hope you are having a great time wherever you are,
Jean

DeeMom said...

how cheery these look

the first one really makes me think of spring...

Sorry I have not visited you in quite some time. I’ve not forgotten about your blog. I will return early April. Hope to have some great pictures and stories to share.

Mrs Moog said...

What beautiful pages! The stitching on the poppy is so neat too!!

Have a lovely break - look forward to your return :-)
xxx

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hope you have a nice break! x

DILLY said...

Hewo Julie!
Sorry for mayke Julie worry!
Dilly an Chuck be bak now!
Hope Julie be fun in Yorkshire!

¬"