Sunday 12 October 2008

Felting 2

As you can see we had a lovely bright, large hall to work in and there were just enough ladies to make it a friendly sociable morning. I think there were about 16 of us altogether. This was not a club but a group of ladies, friends of friends, who got together to put on their own workshop with an invited tutor.
~

~


~

My friend, who had invited me, used beautiful Autumnal colours for her piece. It is amazing that this mound of fibres compacted down so far.
~
~
The net was pulled back to check on the progress of the felting.
~
~
After the felt had been rubbed under the net we rolled the felt up and squeezed it and rolled it to encourage the felting to complete.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dot said...

This looks like so much fun Julie! I am definitely going to try felting one day.

carole brungar said...

Looks like you all enjoyed yourselves! I have done wet felting a couple of times and by the time I was finished my back was very sore from leaning over the bench. Some lovely colours and patterns here!
Carole

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

I don't look at your blog for a few days - and gosh how much you have been doing. And so beautiful too.

Thanks for all the postings, very inspiring!