Friday 26 September 2008

Holiday!



The picture above says it all. This is the window of a lovely bright gift shop on Fore Street in St Ives. I hope they don't mind me posting its pic here but it looked so lovely and fresh on a drizzly day. We had a mixture of average and lovely weather in true British fashion but nothing that stopped us enjoying our time in beautiful Cornwall.



This is the view from one of the windows in the bathroom! There's something about the atmosphere that reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on what . The view looks out towards Godrevy Lighthouse which my poor compact camera can't pick up.



I didn't get chance to get acquainted with these guys but they looked very happy in a cottage window watching the world go by.





Every time we go to Cornwall I can't wait to get onto the beach for some beachcombing. This is my hoard this year. I collected quite a few shells with holes in for stitching onto works in the future and tried to only take small pieces of pot with attractive marks on. Funnily enough we went over to the Scilly Isles on a day trip, a distance of 28 miles from Cornwall, and found identical pieces of pot on the beach there. So where had they come from? I have collected quite a lot of beach glass and I am getting tempted to get a tumbler or polisher to restore the shine they have when they're wet.


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

The WestCountryBuddha said...

The first photo looking out the window would make a brilliant hanging. The surround is perfect and is exactly the right size for the picture inside. It's also very interesting in itself and conjures up lots of possibilities IMHO that is of course!

Guzzisue said...

sounds like you had a great time, coincidentley I was reading an article about sea glass jewellery in the paper this morning, if I can find your address ( in my old e-mails somewhere) I will send it on to you :-)

DeeMom said...

neat stuff you gathered from the beach

Mrs Moog said...

I like the look of that shop and the woolly guys in that window are fab!

It looks like you had a wonderful time and such perfect weather too :)

I love the treasure you found on the beach. I'm rather partial to a bit of sea glass too and have amassed quite a collection!

xxx

jude said...

i love your collection. beach stuff is the best.

Sandra Wyman said...

Quite a haul there Jule. Sounds like a great holiday too!

artisbliss said...

Looks like you had a great time. Very nice collection of beach freebies, too!

liz said...

What lovely photos of your holiday, thanks for sharing:)

sharon young said...

What a lovely beach stash, Julie, some of those pieces of blue and white pot are wonderful, where they've been worn away by the sea.

Dot said...

Beautiful stash from the beach Julie. And those wooly critters made me laugh out loud!