Thursday 17 July 2008

Jill Tattersall and TAST

An artist friend of mine has let me know that she is featured this month in an interview on the net so I thought I would post a link here for anyone who is interested. Jill Tattersall lives in Grantham and is a mixed media artist who bases her abstract art in nature. She works with all types of mediums, paper, fabric, metal, found objects and produces works on canvas, on paper, on wood and in sculptural form. Her work is experimental and it was seeing her work at an open studio event that encouraged me to be more experimental in my own work. Jill is featured in an interview at 1st Angel & Friends and you can see more of her work at her website http://www.jilltattersall.co.uk.



I've had a play with Cretan stitch which is, I think, the stitch for week 4 at StitchinFingers. Just 2 weeks behind now! Algerian Stitch and Chevron here I come! Thank goodness next week is a catch up week - no new stitch!

6 comments:

Maya Sara Matthew said...

That's a beautiful sample. So spontaneous.

sharon young said...

Thanks for the link Julie, very interesting indeed, I like JT's style!!
Lovely sample, I love the fishes.

Mrs Mac said...

The stretchy one in the middle is how my blanket stitch comes out.

DeeMom said...

That is a really pretty sample, love the colors as well

Frances said...

lovely samples Julie these and your detached chain and FME,
interesting sketchbook work too, did you know it is said that Van Gogh studied embroideries looking at stitch shape and direction,

silverpebble said...

More beautiful sample work! I love the freeform shapes that you create with your stitching. Jill Tattersall's work is fab too - great to discover a new blog.