Monday 17 March 2008

Match it for Pratchett

I didn't have anything to blog about today, or so I thought. While browsing down my bloglinks I was taken from Pat's Altering Thoughts blog to the Match it For Pratchett blog. As you may have seen in the news recently Terry Pratchett, the Discworld author, has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers and has recently pledged a donation of $1000000/£500000 to Alzheimers research. I have never (yet) read any Terry Pratchett but I have personal experience of Alzheimers through my late Mother in Law and it is a horrendous disease. Match it for Pratchett has been set up as a focus in blogland to encourage people to follow Terry Pratchett's lead and support Alzheimers research.
On a lighter note, and somewhat belatedly, Happy St Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

rupr said...

I have read several Pratchets books and they are great. I am sorry for him.