Thursday 30 August 2007

ATC swap

Doh! Guess who's sealed up the envelopes before photographing the ATCs I've made for two September swaps? Surely not! Moi?! Duh, yes! Fortunately I've already posted an example of the summer garden beaded and embroidered card previously and here is a somewhat similar one to the Flower ATCs I have just enveloped up:

Yep. I have cheated a bit. Sometime ago I painted two separate watercolour paintings of flowers but neither was particularly successful. I decided to weave the paintings together and, when the flower ATC swap came up I thought I could isolate parts and cut out 3 ATCs. Job done! (Don't tell the girls in the group!!). I did edge them with a little gold line just to finish them off. I think I shall keep the remaining woven pieces and print with them.

I'm having a catching up day today. Enveloping ATCs, shopping , a quick trip round my favourite blogs and........a pile of ironing.....groan.....and it was all going so well! Never mind, I get my reward tomorrow, a painting workshop!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Love that woven ATC Julie. What a brilliant idea to combine two paintings - it really works well. I'm sure the lucky recipients will be very happy!

Kate North said...

I think this is a great idea, Julie. Might have to try that with something...

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

The flower weaving works really well, love the colours. I love your printmaking too - looks like you had fun.